Search our Jobs
Application Support Consultant - SSRS
- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
An Application Support Consultant with experience coding and supporting MIS inthe manufacturing industry is required by our Manufacturing client based in Edinburgh, West Lothian. A salary of up to £52k basic is available dependent upon experience.
As Application Support Consultant you will be responsible for the support and enhancement of both legacy IBM and Microsoft based systems. Solid programming knowledge is required for upgrade and customisation of various system functionality. You will work with users to identify and support the needs of the business and establish change, implement, test and roll out new functionality.
You will build up your skills and knowledge in the company systems order to become an integral part of the customised development, implementation and support for various users and departments. You should have solid programming and scripting skills covering langiuages such as Visual Basic, VBA as well as SQL / Oracle databases. Knowledge of SSRS reporting is highliy desirable.
You will be implementing improvements, developing enhancements and managing systems interfaces as well as resolving ERP and database related issues. Data cleansing and data migration activities for the ERP is a useful skill set.
- Systems development, implementation and support skills
- Solid coding and scripting skills in VB / VBA as well as MS SQL and SSRS skills
- Strong knowledge of support for users and systems upgrades
- Manufacturing industry experience is essential
Basic salary to £52k plus bonus and excellent pension. Agreeable working hours.
Edinburgh, West Lothian
Commute from: Edinburgh / Glasgow / Falkirk / Coatbridge / Dunfermline / Kirkcaldy / Stirling / Scotland
Please send your CV through to Peter Strutt of CV Screen in strict confidence.
Software Engineer / IT Systems Manager / IT Systems Administrator / Senior Support Analyst / Systems Developer / VB Programmer
- Application Support Consultant for a hands-on role in Edinburgh, West Lothian
- Strong scripting / coding and systems development skills required